In 1899, the City of Niagara Falls with consent of the Parks Commission erected a new large waterworks plant in the vicinity of the Table Rock House. The original leased signed was for 10 years. When the agreement terminated in September of 1909, the City of Niagara Falls Waterworks was allowed to continue to operate its Niagara Parks plant for the next 20 years.
In late 1926, the City of Niagara Falls Waterworks Commissioners proposed to the Niagara Parks Commission the building of a new modern water pumping and filtration plant at a new site south of Queen Victoria Park near Dufferin Islands. The City of Niagara Falls Waterworks would ultimately choose to locate its new plant in Chippawa along the shores of the Welland River.
On June 2nd 1930, the City of Niagara Falls waterworks department agreed to remove the waterworks plant from the Niagara Parks, although the old stone pump house was not demolished until 1937.