In the early 1900’s, the Frontier Amusement Park occupied a five acre site along River Road between Bender Hill and Clifton Hill (property now occupied by Crowne Plaza Fallsview Hotel & Casino Niagara). This amusement park included a bandstand, roller rink, approximately twenty amusement rides, a tea garden, a wooden rollercoaster and bazaars.
In the center of this amusement park was a 21.3 metre tall wooden observation tower. A n interior staircase led visitors to the top of this tower. From here visitors were provided with an excellent view of the Niagara Gorge and the Falls.
In 1909, the Frontier Amusement Park went into bankruptcy and the rides, including the observation tower, were torn down.